Monday, November 5, 2012

Mentally checking out

Well, I have had a long break from blogging and updating this however, I have still been reading all my favourite blogs and pinning like a mad woman on pinterest so I am still around.

What have I been up to for the last 6 months?

Work, work, work, oh and some more work! This is how I have felt lately, as if there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done!

Photobucket

I find it hard to mentally “switch off” - my mind is always going, so I need to regularly schedule in some down time or I find that my weekend has flown by and I am in the office again on Monday morning all too soon feeling as though I haven’t left.

I find the best way to switch off for me is to indulge in some beauty routines, either DIY or at a professional salon. Nothing beats having a facial at the salon but it is hard to fit it in, not to mention all the different treatments required to look glamorous all the time can quickly add up. I love to spend an hour or two on a Sunday evening giving myself a pedicure, facial, body scrub and manicure, this gives me some time to relax and also means I am ready to face the week ahead, fully primped. There are thousands of recipes that can be found online that will only take a few minutes to mix up that will rival most bought products and will be able to help a myriad of problems be it dry skin, breakout skin oily skin etc. Most ingredients used will probably be in your pantry cupboard also or can be purchased cheaply on your next grocery shop.

There is endless inspiration to be found on pinterest also, I have saved a few of my favourites - http://pinterest.com/megan_rose/diy-beauty/

I found this great article recently, via The Glamorous Housewife . Dita is the epitome of modern day glamour and she shares lots of her tips and tricks here.

How do you unwind, do you set aside time often to mentally “check out”? How do you make yourself feel special?

No comments:

Post a Comment